Aug 12, 2019
Stay up to date with our latest episodes
Transitioning from Corporate to Start-Up
- Capture a business opportunity. Look into a gap/problem in the
- Anything you do that is customised and not stock standard, the
better the business
- Challenges: You lose security of salary and bills. It all comes
down to how much pressure you put on your deadlines.
- Measure every single dollar. Be careful with your spending, it
can be over 6 months before you see a dollar come back into your
Building a Start-Up Company
- Do not underestimate research; invest into testing and
prototyping all possible combinations of products, brands and names
you want include. Your product must be suited to different
consumers and markets.
- Anyone can do what you want to do. You must decide how you want
to distinguish your company from others.
- Business plans. Everything you learn in planning your business
is valuable. Revisit your plans every few years if for no other
reason to look back and laugh at how off the mark you were. But
often, you’ll refocus on something you saw worked quite well.
- Follow the 80/20 Principle – 80% of your outputs come from 20%
of your inputs. If you invest 80% of your resources into what is
Arrange The Best Flight Before Flying
- Pick your seat carefully; an exit row seat is always more worth
its weight in gold than a back-end seat. Using apps like SeatGuru
allow you to see what passengers say on certain seats.
- While setting your watch to your destination’s time-zone may
seem like a good idea, but without twenty cups of coffee, you’re
not going to make it. Instead, choose an evening flight for
long-haul destinations so you don’t disrupt your body’s natural
- If you’re the last row in economy, chances are you’re ending up
with cold last-choice leftovers. Pre-ordering your food before the
flight easily avoids this problem.
Sponsors & Offers
ENKE CO – If you are looking for business advisory, accounting
and taxation packages, head to www.enkeco.com.au
Cloud Nine Global – Receive 25% off all their stunning luxury
packs by visiting www.cloudnine-global.com and
using the code ‘starterpod’